Save the date for Austin’s 17th annual Race for the Cure – November 15th 2015 in downtown Austin!

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please email events@komenaustin.org or call 512.473.0900 for details.  

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the world’s largest and most successful fundraising and education event for breast cancer ever created. Your participation in this event enables us to power the promise our organization was founded on – the promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever. Not a runner? No problem! You can participate by walking our 5K or Family 1 Mile course.

Remember that 75% of funds raised here stay here. Komen Austin funding provides life-saving screenings, treatment, follow-up care and more to uninsured and under-insured men and battling breast cancer in Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties. The remaining 25% solely funds breast cancer research.

Registration will be available in Fall 2015.

122A0232

To see photos from the 2014 Race follow us on Facebook and view our photo albums. Be sure to tag yourself in your Race day pics! 

Congratulations to our 2014 timed Race participants! All timed results can be found on domoreusa.com. 

  • Female survivor winner: Melissa Sankey with a time of 24:05.2
  • Male survivor winner: Stephen Nabinger with a time of 22.29.0
  • Female (non-survivor) overall winner: Marissa Flournoy with a time of 19.34.4
  • Female (non-survivor) masters winner: Shannon Pressley with a time of 19:55.1
  • Male (non-survivor) overall winner: David Melancon with a time of 17:40.5
  • Male (non-survivor) masters winner: Louis Kokemak with a time of 20.03.6

Congratulations to our teams’ contest winners!  Check out the winners in the categories below and start brainstorming ways to top the list in 2015. 

Team Village
Team Village was new to the 2014 Race and was an exclusive area where teams could gather before the Race and meet afterwards to celebrate and tailgate. Read full details of this new addition to our team contests and help us congratulate this year’s inaugural winners! Be sure to be a top fundraiser in 2015 so your team can too enjoy Team Village!

  • Linebarger Goggan – Catch Us if You Can
  • The Breast Is Yet to Come
  • Central Texas OBGYN Associates
  • Team E1414
  • TCEQ
  • Team FIJI

Largest Teams:
Congrats to our largest teams from 2014! These ambitious groups had the highest number of participants in the following categories:

  • Corporation/Company: Freescale (84 members)
  • Family and Friends: The Breast Is Yet to Come (133 members)
  • Healthcare: Team TFC (65 members)
  • Non-profit/Religious: rUn for Annette (87 members)
  • State of Texas Agency: TCEQ (57 members)
  • Elementary/Middle School: Mel’s Herd (54 members)
  • High School: Westlake High School Hyline (38 members)
  • College/University: Txstate ZTA (276 members)

Best Team T-Shirt Contest
Congrats to our three teams who won t-shirt contests in the below categories! Start brainstorming your team’s t-shirt for 2015 for your chance to win too!

  • Most Colorful: Cure Chasers
  • Funniest: Kelli’s Breasties
  • Most Inspirational: Mel’s Herd

Top Fundraising Teams
The majority of life-saving funds are raised by our dedicated and passionate teams year after year. Remember that participating as a team multiplies the fun, the laughter and maybe even the tears that you share on Race Day.

  • Corporation/Company: Grant Me Serenity
  • Family and Friends: The Breast Is Yet to Come
  • Healthcare: Rose Dental Group
  • Non-profit/Religious:bOObies Por Vida
  • State of Texas Agency: Dee’s Bust Buddies
  • Elementary/Middle School: GHE Think Pink
  • High School: Cedar Park High School Cheerleaders
  • College/University: Texas FIJI