The 2015 Race for the Cure
On your mark, get set, REGISTER! The Komen Austin Race for the Cure is back and better than ever! #ATXrunsPINK this November 15th! Register NOW at komenaustin.org/race.
Become a 2015 Race Sponsor
Click below to view the 2015 sponsorship packet. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Congratulating Our Top Runners, Teams and Fundraisers from the 2014 Event
Congratulations to our top 2014 runners! All timed results can be found on domoreusa.com.
- Female survivor winner: Melissa Sankey with a time of 24:05.2
- Male survivor winner: Stephen Nabinger with a time of 22.29.0
- Female (non-survivor) overall winner: Marissa Flournoy with a time of 19.34.4
- Female (non-survivor) masters winner: Shannon Pressley with a time of 19:55.1
- Male (non-survivor) overall winner: David Melancon with a time of 17:40.5
- Male (non-survivor) masters winner: Louis Kokemak with a time of 20.03.6
Congratulations to our teams’ contest winners! Check out the winners in the categories below and start brainstorming ways to top the list in 2015.
Team Village was new to the 2014 Race and was an exclusive area where teams could gather before the Race and meet afterwards to celebrate and tailgate. Read full details of this new addition to our team contests and help us congratulate this year’s inaugural winners! Be sure to be a top fundraiser in 2015 so your team can too enjoy Team Village!
- Linebarger Goggan – Catch Us if You Can
- The Breast Is Yet to Come
- Central Texas OBGYN Associates
- Team E1414
- Team FIJI
Congrats to our largest teams from 2014! These ambitious groups had the highest number of participants in the following categories:
- Corporation/Company: Freescale (84 members)
- Family and Friends: The Breast Is Yet to Come (133 members)
- Healthcare: Team TFC (65 members)
- Non-profit/Religious: rUn for Annette (87 members)
- State of Texas Agency: TCEQ (57 members)
- Elementary/Middle School: Mel’s Herd (54 members)
- High School: Westlake High School Hyline (38 members)
- College/University: Txstate ZTA (276 members)
Best Team T-Shirt Contest
Congrats to our three teams who won t-shirt contests in the below categories! Start brainstorming your team’s t-shirt for 2015 for your chance to win too!
- Most Colorful: Cure Chasers
- Funniest: Kelli’s Breasties
- Most Inspirational: Mel’s Herd
Top Fundraising Teams
The majority of life-saving funds are raised by our dedicated and passionate teams year after year. Remember that participating as a team multiplies the fun, the laughter and maybe even the tears that you share on Race Day.
- Corporation/Company: Grant Me Serenity
- Family and Friends: The Breast Is Yet to Come
- Healthcare: Rose Dental Group
- Non-profit/Religious:bOObies Por Vida
- State of Texas Agency: Dee’s Bust Buddies
- Elementary/Middle School: GHE Think Pink
- High School: Cedar Park High School Cheerleaders
- ***College/University: Texas FIJI
- Texas FIJI was the top overall fundraising team in 2014. Meet the members of this winning team in their KVUE interview!