Current Grant Recipients
Susan G. Komen® Austin will provide over $700,000 in local community grants for our five county service area this year. In addition, more than $300 thousand will be directed to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Award and Research Grant Program. Our 2013 Komen Austin grantees are:
- Breast Cancer Resource Centers of Texas (BCRC) - Medically Underserved Outreach and Patient Navigation provides patient navigation services and support groups for women receiving treatment at University Medical Center Brackenridge Hospital Shivers’ Breast Clinic for women in Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis, Williamson counties. $99,640. Call 512.324.7992 for assistance, or view further contact information.
- Community Action Inc. of Central Texas - Breast Cancer Navigation Program provides comprehensive breast cancer education, screening and diagnostic services, patient navigation, case management, and transportation for women. Also provides physician consults, emergency funds, and post-treatment navigation and survivorship plans for breast cancer survivors. Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Williamson counties. $221,426. In Williamson County call 512.930.3281 for assistance, in Bastrop and Caldwell Counties call 512.393.4764 for assitance, in Hays County call 512.392.1161 ext 322 for assistance, or view further contact information.
- Planned Parenthood of the Texas Capital Region - Continuum of Breast Care- Ensuring Access provides breast cancer risk assessments, breast exams, follow-up exams, education, and referrals for free mammography and diagnostic procedures for women in Travis, Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Williamson counties. $40,910. For the North Clinic call 512.331.1288 for assistance, for the South Clinic call 512.276.8000 for assistance, for the Downtown Clinic call 512.477.5846 for assistance, or view further contact information.
- Samaritan Health Ministries - Breast Cancer Early Detection Services provides access to breast health education, clinical breast exams, screening and diagnostic services, and patient navigation for low-income women of all ages in Travis and Williamson counties. $12,375. Call 512.331.5828 for assistance, or view further contact information.
- The University of Texas at Austin–School of Nursing - Family Wellness Center’s Women’s Wellness Program provides no-cost breast cancer screening and follow-up care, including referral and access to diagnostic services, case management and patient navigation support for low-income women in Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis, and Williamson counties. $120,151. Call 512.232.3900, or view further contact information.
- WINGS (Women Involved in Nurturing, Giving, Sharing, Inc.) – True Access in Rural Areas (TARA) provides comprehensive, no-cost breast cancer treatment, on-going follow-up care for prior breast cancer patients, COBRA payments, and patient navigation services for women in Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis, Williamson counties. $218,905. Call 210.946.9464, or view further contact information.